In the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape

_ As indebted as I am to my alma mater, I'm kind of mad at Gordon College's great books honor course because it took the name that I was originally going to use as the title to my blog: The "Jerusalem Athens Forum". I realized while writing my last college philosophy paper (ever) that the things that I am most passionate towards- that which I spend the most time thinking and reading about- all have to do with the mediation of faith and reason.
_ In this blog I'd like to explore the issues of "reason verse revelation", "science verse religion", "unreasonable faith" and "unfaithful reason". My aim is mainly cathartic; I want to use this place to dump the questions and issues that I think about all the time. But it is also didactic; I hope to be able to educate and challenge those who are reading, especially the Christians, to think more deeply about their faith. Not more academically or scholarlily, mind you, but deeply, meaning in a way that shows that their faith actually is the most important thing in their life. (You can all thank Mushroom for the necessity of this last caveat)
_ I welcome feedback as long as it's respectful and edifying, even if it is admonishing. I hope to blog at least once a week, but look for a new post soon because I can't wait to get started!

Sola Deo Gloria,
-Dan Shih

P.S. - Anyone know what the html coding is for indentations?

Comments

  1. i just realized i do not know indentation, i only know paragraph. what i wrote above is meaningless!!!

    anyway, i look forward to reading your blog and being challenged by the ways you view faith and reason and revelation.

    i hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you first have to invent the universe

When evangelism "takes too long"

A Brief Theology Of Clothing And Fashion