Good Monsters

Dear friends,

This past Sunday, Eugene from GracePoint church reminded us from the Scriptures the following:

"The world's economy tells us to work so that we may gain, but God's economy tells us to work so that we may give."

Isn't it a beautiful reflection of the gospel when our lives are not oriented around personal gain, but in giving? Well here's a chance to put the gospel's transforming work into practice:

My birthday is coming up on July 17th! Instead of giving me a present, please consider donating to this charity in order to help people in the world get clean water.

http://mycharitywater.org/p/campaign?campaign_id=5251

1 billion people in the world don't have access clean water. ONE BILLION! That totally blew me away when I found that out. But we can help change that.

Since it is my 23rd birthday, I am asking for a donation of $23USD. If 50 people give that much, we can raise enough water for 57 people. But please feel free to give more if you are able to!

Please give if it is indeed in your heart to love as Christ has commanded us, and as a sign of the gospel's influence in your life practice. Even if you weren't going to give me a present, please consider giving!

"Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Luke 12.33-34

In Christ's service,
-Dan

P.S. - If you'd like more information about this charity organization, you can go here. I've done my research and I can verify the honesty of this website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you first have to invent the universe

When evangelism "takes too long"

A Brief Theology Of Clothing And Fashion